JOB TITLE: Consultancy Services Manager
PLACE OF WORK: Home based – you will need to establish a home office
HOURS OF WORK: Full time, covering THINK’s core office hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director – UK Division
RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING THE WORK OF:
- Freelance researchers; freelance and employed interim managers; team involved in delivery of the THINK’s Stewardship Tracker products.
Purpose of Job:
This exciting new role has been created to support the ongoing growth and development of three key areas of THINK’s business portfolio: THINK Interim, THINK Intelligence and THINK Forums. The post holder will be responsible for developing the strategy to grow these three areas and managing all aspects of sales, marketing and the daily operation of THINK Interim and THINK Intelligence plus co-ordinating the marketing of THINK Forums. The Consultancy Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring that plans and resources are in place to deliver and exceed agreed net income targets across these three key areas of activity.
To drive forward the business model for the operation of THINK Interim, THINK Intelligence and THINK’s Forums and work with the MD UK Division and other employed and freelance colleagues to produce and deliver strategies to achieve and exceed agreed net income targets.
Sales and promotion
- Devise an annual sales plan to deliver/exceed-required levels of business in each activity stream.
- Lead the delivery of sales activity for THINK Interim and Intelligence and work with colleagues on sales activity related to the THINK Forums.
- Devise and implement an annual calendar of promotional activity for each of the three areas of the business, working in conjunction with appropriate colleagues.
- Ensure THINK Interim, THINK Intelligence and THINK’s Forums are appropriately marketed, using written and digital channels for promotion.
Client liaison and development
- Respond to all leads and enquiries relating to potential THINK Interim assignments and research projects – both those coming direct from potential clients and those from other members of the THINK team.
- Signpost leads for membership of Forums to the relevant Consultant for each Forum.
- Prepare proposals to submit to potential clients for THINK Intelligence research projects. Ensure these are fully costed and that research proposals take into account the need for peer review.
- Ensure appropriately skilled interim managers are presented as candidates for THINK Interim assignments.
- Liaise with Interim and research clients during their decision making process about whether to proceed with a proposal/candidate provided as appropriate.
- Prepare client contracts as required for Interim and research projects and ensure that necessary details on specific jobs are included on THINK’s intranet.
- Participate in client pitches as required across all business areas. This will include support to THINK consultants in the preparation of their pitches which include a research element.
- Maintain ongoing contact with clients during live Interim and research assignments, ensuring that clients are satisfied with progress.
- At the conclusion of an interim assignment/ research project, collect client feedback and if possible testimonials for use in further promotion THINK’s work.
- Resolve any complaints received from clients relating to any aspect of Interim or research work produced in a timely manner; ensuring the client is satisfied with the solution implemented.
- Prepare agreements with THINK Interim managers and THINK Intelligence researchers for specific pieces of work.
- Support the production of annual budgets and maintain monthly records on progress against budgets and targets for each area of activity.
- Provide a monthly commentary on financial position of each area of activity.
- Ensure THINK Interim manager and THINK Intelligence researcher invoices and payments due to mystery shoppers are approved and passed to the Business Director within relevant timescales.
- Maintain records of days worked by THINK Interim managers and THINK researchers on each assignment.
THINK Interim project management
- Maintain an appropriately sized and skilled network of interim managers for THINK Interim to meet forecast activity levels across all fundraising disciplines and at all staff levels; this includes running regular recruitment drives and keeping records of individual availability.
- Maintain on-going contact with THINK Interim managers whilst on assignment and signpost them to members of the THINK Consulting team if they require specialist practitioner support.
- Maintain regular contact with all interim managers in the network, through quarterly newsletters and an annual networking event.
THINK Intelligence Research project management
- Ensure that a network of appropriately skilled researchers and bid writers are available to deliver THINK Intelligence projects on a freelance basis. This includes keeping records of availability.
- Ensure that THINK Intelligence research resources required for the completion of research projects are in place and reviewed when subscription renewal is due.
- Ensure all research projects are properly resourced and that researchers are provided with necessary briefs and templates, working in conjunction with colleagues to develop these as required.
- Ensure researchers understand and meet deadlines on project work.
- Ensure that appropriately skilled individuals undertake peer review of research projects and bids and that this aspect of projects is properly costed.
- Stewardship Tracker – ensure that appropriate resources are available to deliver the management, administrative and mystery shopping elements of the Stewardship Tracker products.
- Develop new products to be delivered by the THINK Intelligence team.
THINK Forum project management
- Ensure marketing activity for each Forum is delivered in appropriate timescales and that each member of the team is clear on the prospects and contacts they are responsible for approaching.
- Support the development of plans for new Forums to be launched.
- Maintain own and team information and administration systems to agreed standards.
- Attend THINK team meetings.
- Undertake other duties as can be reasonably expected to ensure the smooth and efficient running of THINK Interim, THINK Intelligence and the THINK Forums.
- Comply with THINK’s working policies and practices.
- Be aware of and comply with all best practice guidelines from the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Standards Board (THINK is a member of both organisations).
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
|Good level of general education – A levels or equivalent||
|Institute of Fundraising Certificate or Diploma||
|At least 10 years’ experience of fundraising across all of the key income streams||
|Proven track record of successful new business generation (selling and pitching) in either the non-profit or commercial sector||
|Experience of working in the commercial sector||
|Experience of developing strategic and operational plans||
|Experience of managing teams||
|Experience of managing income and expenditure budgets||
|Skills and attributes:|
|Target driven and motivated by the delivery of targets||
|Proactive self-starter, able to work unsupervised within agreed timeframes||
|Interested in the business dimension of growing an area of activity||
|Strong planning and organisational skills – able to prioritise workload effectively and juggle multiple projects and priorities||
|Strong interpersonal skills – able to engage effectively with a range of audiences||
|High level of financial literacy||
|Strong verbal communications skills||
|Strong IT skills and literacy – competent user of MS Office and ability to work with database systems||
|Flexible and adaptable style; able to travel and work outside standard office hours when required||