NewsExplorer compiles news stories from around the world in various languages. This allows you to compare how the same events have been reported in the media written in different languages.
When clicking on the title of any of the major news stories, users can find out more about the story:
- the title and a short description of the most typical article on the story
- the list of other articles reporting about the same story (click any title to read more)
- the list of countries, cities, people and other entities mentioned in this news cluster
- a list of related news clusters (same language) published during the previous days (what happened before)
- a list of related news clusters in other languages (how was this story reported in other languages).
When clicking on any name, you may find further automatically derived information (when available), e.g. on:
- variant name spellings found in the news, both in the same and in different languages;
- titles and phrases found around the name: these tell you about the function, nationality, etc. of the person;
- a picture of this person;
- a list of the most recent articles mentioning this person (in the selected language);
- a list of related persons and organisations, i.e. names that are frequently mentioned together with the first person.
Categories: General Fundraising Resources