JOB TITLE: Trainee International Consultant
PLACE OF WORK: Primarily home based. At client offices if on an interim assignment. You will need to establish a home office. International travel will be required.
HOURS OF WORK: Full time, core office hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
EMPLOYER: THINK Consulting Solutions
This role is offered on the basis of a two year fixed contract, during which time the postholder will undertake a mix of consultancy and interim assignments and will follow a training programme to develop the skills necessary to become a successful Consultant. At the conclusion of the two year period, it is envisaged that the postholder will be ready to become a full time Consultant with THINK Consulting Solutions.
The trainee will be required to deliver a target for days that are billable to a client. These will be delivered though a mix of consultancy and interim assignments.
The trainee will follow a training programme designed to equip them with the skills to become a consultant. Training will take the form of formal, class room style learning and shadowing other team members in the delivery of projects. The trainee will also be allocated a “buddy” from within the THINK team.
- Deliver consultancy assignments in line with client briefs and accepted proposals and to agreed deadlines.
- Develop a pipeline of contacts and prospects who are potential consultancy clients, using own networks, sector networking opportunities and in response to leads received by THINK.
- Proposal writing and pitching for new business – year 1 – input into the production of proposals and pitch meetings as required to secure new consultancy assignments. From year 2, lead proposals and pitches, as well as inputting into those being led by other colleagues.
- Deliver interim assignments where these can be secured, working to the brief provided by the client and agreed by the Head of Interim and Intelligence.
- Attend interviews to secure interim assignments.
- Keep abreast of general sector developments across the globe and those specific to your areas of practitioner fundraising expertise. Share knowledge as it is acquired with the THINK team.
- Submit session proposals to speak at conferences and events, as agreed with the Managing Director and as part of THINK’s marketing and promotional activity.
- Attend relevant conferences, as agreed with the Managing Director.
- Write blogs and articles and deliver content via LinkedIn, Twitter and other agreed social media sites, as required as part of THINK’s marketing and promotional activity.
- Undertake personal administration for record keeping purposes, submitting paperwork in line with defined business processes.
- Attend THINK team meetings.
- Undertake other duties as can be reasonably requested.
- Comply with THINK’s working policies and practices.
- Be aware of and comply with all best practice guidelines from the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Regulator (THINK is a member of both organisations) and with those of fundraising associations in markets where assignments are undertaken.
Good level of general education – A levels or equivalent: D
Institute of Fundraising Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent for fundraising association in country of residence: D
Circa 10 years’ experience of fundraising across at least two key income streams: E
Experience of working within an INGO which has an overarching body in addition to in country offices for fundraising: E
Experience of developing strategic and operational plans: E
Experience of managing teams: E
Experience of managing income and expenditure budgets: E
Target driven and motivated by the delivery of targets: E
Appetite to secure new business: E
Proactive self-starter, able to work unsupervised within agreed timeframes: E
Can-do/solutions driven attitude to problem solving: E
Strong planning and organisational skills – able to prioritise workload effectively and juggle multiple projects and priorities: E
Strong interpersonal skills – able to engage effectively with a range of audiences: E
High level of financial literacy: E
Strong verbal and written communications skills: E
Experience of report writing: D
Presentation/public speaking experience: D
Strong IT skills and literacy – competent user of MS Office and ability to work with database systems: E
Flexible and adaptable style; able to travel and work outside standard office hours when required: E
Terms and conditions
Two year fixed term contract employed by THINK Consulting Solutions.
Holiday: 22 days
Travel: All travel costs will be covered.
A laptop and mobile will be provided.
How to apply:
Please send the following via email to: email@example.com
– Your CV – including your address and other contact details
– A report you have written for your current or a previous employer (this will be treated as confidential)
– One page statement on why this role is of interest to you
– Your current salary
– Your availability for interviewduring w/c 15 and 22 October
Closing date: 9am BST Monday 8 October.